The Arab Fort is situated next to the House of Wonders and was built between 1698 and 1701 by the Busaidi group of Omani Arabs. It is a large building with high, dark brown walls. topped by castellated battlements. The fort is open to visitors and now contains various shops and an open air theatre.
The fort also houses a tourist information desk, with details on performances in the amphitheatre and other events around town, plus a selection of books for sale and a range of tour company leaflets to browse. There are also several spice and craft shops, a pleasant café, and remarkably some very clean public toilets. And don't miss the Tower Workshop in the west tower, where local artists create and display their works
How to get thereMizingani Rd, Zanzibar Town, Zanzibar