Elands Bay is a gorgeous seaside resort bordering the Atlantic Ocean in the West Coast region of the Western Cape. It is roughly 28.7km south of Lambert's Bay. It's a paradise for surfers, seafood connoisseurs and birdwatchers. The variety of soil types ensures prolific flora during spring. Caves in the vicinity of the town have produced valuable archaeological finds from its different inhabitants, over time. The magnificent Verlorenvlei, which flows into the Atlantic Ocean at Elands Bay, is a haven for over 180 bird species.
Places to Stay
- Elands Bay Guest House
- E-Bay Apartments
- Elands Bay Hotel
- Ventersklip Private Nature Reserve
On the wild West Coast of South Africa, just 220km north of Cape Town and 5km from the renowned surf spot, Elands Bay, lies a historic World Heritage site of outstanding natural beauty.
A perfect spot for bird watching, horse riding, kayaking, fishing, walking, surfing, rock art, wild flowers – or just enjoying a wonderful piece of wilderness.
--Places to eat:
The Tin Kitchen: serves delicious home cooked food in a 300 year old barn and shady garden. All our pork, beef and lamb is locally sourced. We also offer spectacular seafood such as crayfish and calamari. We grow our own vegetables and salad and our home made chips are second to none. Friday night is our stone baked pizza night.
The restaurant is open at weekends:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: Breakfast 09.00 – 12.00, Lunch 12.00 – 15.00
Friday & Saturday: Dinner 18.00 – 22.00
Times may vary over long weekends and peak seasons.
The International Bar: This bar oozes Afrikaner charm and serve a wide variety of drinks and excellent coffee.
We regularly arrange live music events and Art exhibitions and have an exciting choice of indoor and outdoor venues – from the big hall vibe of our large enclosed Lapa and the rough charm of our garden restaurant to the intimate sophistication of our International Bar. Vensterklip has been host to a galaxy of International stars and local heroes.international
- World renowned asa surfing and kiting destination
- The variety of soil types ensures prolific flora during spring and the bird life is sensational - perfect for photographers
- Caves in the vicinity of the town have produced valuable archaeological finds from its different inhabitants, over time
- Explore the Elands Bay Cave
- Hike through the Ventersklip Private Nature Reserve and discover the Khoi San rock art
- The Vlei is a tranquil place to fish. You can look forward to carp, tilapia and mullet
- Kayaking and swimming in the Vlei
- Guided horse trails available